Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Buffet Monsters: Love Desserts ;)

Grad practice: Boohoo. Dessert buffet: YAHOOOOOOOO!


Spent the whole morning for grad practice. Seriously, 5 hours? UGH. Nothing interesting today until a brilliant idea came to my mind: LOVE DESSERTS.


We've been planning to attack this place last February 2012 pa. Due to busy scheds (OJT etc etc), the plan always gets pushed back. When it's impromptu, more likely it will push through :)


That's what happened to us. After grad practice, Tricia, Mika and I headed to Love Desserts, a dessert heaven located at Banawe. I have never heard of a buffet place before so when Mika mentioned this to me, my ears perked up.


We arrived around 4:45 pm and the place isn't packed.. YET. But there are a few diners already (mostly students). After we sat down for just a few seconds, we stood up and immediately attacked the buffet stations. 



I don't know what it's called BUT IT'S SO GOOD. It's like Maja Blanca with coconut strips.


The cakes, brownies and other unknown pastries.


Pianono rolls, empanaditas, turon, brownies and the EPIC FAIL eclairs.


THE CREPE STATION! 


Another epic fail: Jello on shot glasses and fruit tarts.


Choco Fountain station


Their ice cream from Big Scoop! 


Halo-halo station.


Iced tea and milk tea (UNLIMITED) :)


I didn't eat anything the whole day so I was expecting a huge space on my stomach. But the crepes prevented me from doing so. Hahaha! So here's what was on my plate:


clockwise: The maja blanca with coconut strips (REALLY YUMMY), Jello shot (tastes like jasmine tea. Really weird), cream puff and chocolate eclair (FAIL!) and sylvanna (Good too)

I'd like to emphasize that I was really disappointed with the cream puffs and eclairs. Those are two of my favorite pastries! When you bite into it, you won't feel the cream oozing in your mouth. Instead, you'll feel air. It's almost empty! 


My first serving of crepe (Apple-cinnamon with choco hazelnut spread) with coffee ice cream.


Second serving: Bananas with choco hazelnut spread. Without ice cream this time and it's still good :)


Green tea ice cream decorated with marshmallows and ice cream cone :) The green ice cream got six thumbs up from the three of us. 


My DIY halo-halo with bubblegum ice cream. WEIRD? I KNOW. But I can't resist the bubblegum ice cream! 


Singkamas with bagoong to cleanse the sweetness from our palate.

The P199 that we paid was worth it. They have a lot of other choices that I didn't get to try. Their food is great but they have to improve on other items. Nonetheless, I enjoyed eating here. It's definitely a heaven for people with sweet tooth like me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment